Friday, January 22, 2010

Late Post


I can't believe I didn't include this in the post I just finished!

The Bob Hope Classic is being held on four courses over five days this weekend. If the rain lets up, that is. Palm Springs has been doused by torrential rains the past few days and it has really thrown a wrench in the works of the tournament. The tournament normally be wrapping up the third round this afternoon, but because of the rain, the second round hasn't even been completed yet. Money quote from The Desert Sun:
“I've never seen this much water on the golf course before,” said Tim Putnam, who has served as La Quinta Country Club's course superintendent for eight years.
The La Quinta course is back in the tournament this year and is widely regarded as one of the best conditioned courses on the PGA Tour. The forecast for Saturday and Sunday is clear and sunny. I hope they get things worked out!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment