Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Thousand Words About Pictures

I am not a photographer. I take pictures of my kid and I know when to turn the camera flash on; but I have no pretensions about being the least bit good at it. I don't know anything about lighting or composition or really anything about taking a good picture.
I don't take any of the pictures for this site. I steal them. At least the professional ones anyway. The pros receive some compensation along the way, so I don't feel bad about it. I haven't had any occasion to use an amateur picture. I'm not sure how I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it.
It's easy. For the still pictures I just right-click and save the image address, then paste that into the field on the photobucket and rip it off. For the shots from television, it's a little tricker. I do a 'targeted' screen grab while the action is happening and hope for the best. Then import them to photobucket and use it over here.

Why do I bring all this up? Because I just found one of the jaw-dropping pictures of a stadium I think I may ever see.
It is an amazing a photograph as you're likely to find, in fact, it won the World Press Photo "Sports Features 2nd Prize Singles" award.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment